Home > Bilstein 1999 to 2005 Ford F250 F350 Excursion 4WD Steering Damper
- FREE GROUND SHIPPING -This Bilstein 24-158848 Ford F-250, F-350 and Ford Excursion 5100 Series Replacement Steering Damper is for 1999 to 2005 4WD trucks. READ MORE >>
Bilstein 5100 Series Steering Damper For the 1999 to 2005 Ford F250, F350Super Duty Trucks, and Ford Excursion
This Bilstein 5100 Series 46MM Steering Damper is sold as a single replacement steering damper shock for your OEM Ford steering stabilizer. Experience improved vehicle control with the 24-158848 Single Steering Stabilizer from Bilstein. The Bilstein 5100 Series Shock is designed specifically to fit the 1999 to 2005 Ford Excursion and Super Duty trucks. Straightforward installation is possible because the 5100 steering damper is a direct OEM replacement monotube steering damper.
The Bilstein 24-158848 Ford 5100 Series Steering Damper works on the following vehicles:
- 1999 to 2005 Ford F-250 4WD models.
- 1999 to 2005 Ford F-350 Single Rear Wheel 4WD models.
- 1999 to 2005 Ford F-350 Single Dual Wheel 4WD models.
- 1999 to 2005 Ford Excursion 4WD models.
Bilstein 24-158848 5100 Series Front Steering Damper Specifications:
- Shock Type 46MM Smooth Body Monotube Steering Stabilizer.
- Extended Length 23.03" or 585MM
- Collapsed Length 14.96" or 380MM
- 14MM Centerless ground, Case Hardened, Chromed, Super Polished Rod
- Finish Zinc Plated Steel Body with the Triple-C Technology Coating for corrosion resistance.
- Gas pressurized monotube design eliminates cavitation and foaming.
- Precise steering damping reduces wear and tear of steering components
- Patented digressive valving provides optimum driver comfort and confidence.
- Constructed using the highest quality components.
- Straightforward and easy Installation.
A Replacement Steering Damper is required if your original damper has seen plenty of miles and several years of constant use. This Bilstein Steering Damper is a hydraulic device that is quite similar to a shock absorber and is attached to the steering linkage and damps out unwanted movement of the steering wheel due to road imperfections and steering kickback and created during everyday driving. The horizontal installation provides a smooth operation no matter what the temperature is while reducing vibrations that travel through the steering system to the driver.
The Bilstein 24-158848 B8 5100 Steering Damper Supersedes:
- Bilstein 5100 F4-BE5-F884-H0