Fuel Air Separation Systems
KLM Performance offers Diesel Fuel Air Separation Systems from both FASS Fuel Systems and Pureflow AirDog.
What is a Fuel Air Separation System?
A Fuel Air Separation System is a combination high performance diesel lift pump and an advanced diesel fuel filtration system. These diesel fuel pumps are designed to provide a specified fuel flow rate and pressure to your diesel engine. The improved fuel delivery rates directly increase the engine performance, fuel economy and longevity, and lifespan of your diesel fuel injection system.
A Fuel Air Separation System has a compact high performance diesel fuel pump that is built with a powerful motor.
Fuel Air Separation Systems
Fuel Air Separation Systems are a combination of diesel lift pumps and fuel filtration systems with built-in water and air separation for your Cummins, Powerstroke, Duramax, or almost any diesel engine.
The high performance diesel fuel air separation systems are intended to endure the most demanding applications and climates. These lift pumps are available with fuel flow rates of 80 to 260 gallons per hour. Some application-specific fuel air separation systems also feature adjustable fuel pressure rates of 0 to 75 PSI. These diesel fuel pumps are backed by a manufacturer's lifetime warranty, so there is no need to worry about your diesel fuel pump.
Diesel Fuel Air Separation System Benefits:
- Effectively removes the contaminants from your diesel fuel.
- Increases Fuel Injector Life
- Enhances the dependability of your fuel injection system.
- It will increase Fuel Mileage and engine performance.
- Removes All Types of Fuel Contaminants such as Emulsified and Entrained Water & Free Water, Air, Vapor and Suspended Debris
- Lowers Maintenance Cost
- Excellent Cold Weather Performance
- Extreme Filter Life
- Optional Electric Fuel Heater is Available
Why do I need one on my diesel engine?
In addition to providing the correct diesel fuel flow and pressure, these lift pumps also offer advanced filtration technology. This improved diesel fuel filtration removes water, air, and vapor while filtering down to a 3 micron, far superior over your factory fuel filter. The added filtration provided by installing a fuel-air separation system will help improve your engines idle and throttle response. Improved fuel filtration will also extend the life of the fuel injection system components such as the injectors and injection pump.
KLM Performance offers Fuel Air Separation Systems for the following applications:
- 1989 to Current model Dodge Ram trucks with the 5.9L and 6.7L Cummins diesel engines.
- 1999 to Current model Ford Trucks with the 7.3L, 6.0L, 6.4L, and 6.7L Powerstroke diesel engines.
- 2001 to 2016 Chevrolet or GMC 6.6L Duramax diesel engines.
- Class 8 trucks with Volvo (VED), Mercedes (MBE-4000), Detroit (DDEC I, II, III or IV), Cummins M11, N14, ISX and Signature Series, Caterpillar Diesel engines
- Universal application fuel pumps for almost all diesel engines.
What are the benefits of installing a Fuel Air Separation System on a diesel engine? Removing entrained air and vapor from your diesel fuel supply?
By eliminating entrained air and vapor from your diesel fuel supply, you will increase the power level and efficiency of your diesel engine. Your diesel engine and its fuel system design were calculated on a test bench using the optimum conditions. These optimum conditions are the exact opposite of the conditions your engine encounters while it is in use. We drive on rough roads with varying speeds and RPM's in different climates, altitudes, barometric pressures, and humidity levels. All of these factors lead to significant amounts of air and vapor accumulating into our fuel tank, fuel lines, etc. Diesel Fuel contains both entrained air and vapor. These conditions are present in all diesel fuel systems that do not have a fuel air separation system installed.
Entrained Air and Vapor Produce these symptoms:
- Decreased Horsepower
- Decreased Fuel Mileage or Poor Fuel Mileage
- Excessive Smoke
- Shorter Fuel Injection System Life Span
- Injector Failure
- Hard Start or Will Not Start
- Engine Surges at Low Idle
- Warm Engine Runs Rough or Misfires in Operating Range
- Rough Idle
- Engine Will Not Reach Rated Speed When Loaded
FASS Titanium Series Fuel Air Injection Systems provide optimum engine performance and reliability.
Please contact us to discuss a fuel air separation system for your application by calling us at 203-210-7200 or Contact Us. KLM Performance will be happy to help you find the right pump for the job.