Fluidampr Performance Diesel Dampers
Fluidampr produces the High Performance Viscous Diesel Damper trusted by Diesel truck owners everywhere!
Fluidampr Diesel Dampers are ideal for anyone looking for a replacement damper to the individual looking for a superior harmonic balancer for a diesel engine with increased power. From stock power to a full-blown competition motor Fluidampr harmonic crankshaft balancers have you covered. A regular stock damper is considered a wear item, and it requires both inspection and replacement. A diesel engine with performance upgrades drastically increases the harmful torsional vibrations produced with every single power stroke of your internal combustion engine.
Fluidamper produces High Performance Diesel Dampers for the following diesel engines:
- Cummins Diesel in the Dodge Ram trucks
- Powerstroke Diesel in the Ford Super Duty trucks
- Duramax Diesel in the Chevy and GMC trucks
- GM 6.5L Diesel in the Chevy and GM trucks
Why Do I Need A Performance Harmonic Balancer / Crankshaft Damper?
The installation of any performance parts that increase the engine's power output or torque, such as intake, rods, pistons, flywheel, flexplate, fuel pump, injectors, exhaust, cams, and any ECM changes typically will increase in torsional vibration magnitude and frequency. These performance upgrades also rise torsional vibrations above a level the OEM damper was not designed to handle. A stock harmonic balancer is typically tuned for a 50hz peak variance at a particular power level. Alter any of the engines rotating assembly parameters, and it may leave your critical engine components unprotected when torsional vibration is at its peak.
Signs that the OEM stock vibration damper is now failing:
- The bonded rubber on the harmonic balancer is cracked.
- There is bulging or missing rubber between the hub and outer ring.
- Age and repeated heat cycles have caused the rubber to degrade.
Warning signs that the stock harmonic vibration damper has failed:
- A collective failure will be the outer ring separating from the hub causing damage inside the engine bay.
- There is a noticeable increase in the level of in-cab vibrations.
- A wobble of the damper is apparent during engine operation.
- The Damper's outer ring is now separating from the hub.
Due to the countless combinations of performance upgrades, the simplest and most cost-effective solution for controlling destructive torsional vibrations is to install a Fluidampr performance diesel damper. By design, the Fluidampr viscous vibration dampers protect your engine from these torsional vibrations across a broad range of frequencies and power levels. The earlier a Fluidamper performance damper installation takes place, the more you’ll benefit from its protection, performance, and the ability to ensure long term engine life.
What exactly does a Harmonic Balancer Do?
The harmonic balancer's job is to control the destructive crankshaft torsional vibration is produced with each power stroke of the engine during the combustion process. The power cycle of the engine generates a twist and rebound effect upon the engine's crankshaft, which causes these torsional or harmonic vibrations to occur. Torsional vibrations are the end-to-end twisting or rebound motion exerted on the crankshaft during each power stroke. A torsional harmonic balancer is designed to control these forces.
Fluidampr High Performance Diesel Crankshaft Damper Features and Benefits:
- Designed to accommodate stock to extreme power levels.
- Will not wear out and will last the full life of your engine.
- Fluidampr torsional vibration dampers never need to be tuned or rebuilt.
- They are proven to save you the expense of costly rebuilds related to damper failure.
- As a viscous damper, it continuously adjusts in real-time to control torsional vibrations.
- Controls vibrations at all power levels and engine RPMs.
- 100% Made in the USA!
- Reduce wear on the main bearings, timing gear.
- Only a Viscous Damper improves valve train operation and efficiency.
- Will reduce the risk of Oil Pump Failure.
- Provides more accurate valve train operation.
- Lower the risk of crankshaft failure.
- Fluidampr® – Performance Diesel replacement dampers automatically adapt to your engine modifications.
- Fluidampr vibration dampers feature precision machined and computer balanced components.
- The Fluidampr balancers are approved for Racing applications with its SFI 18.1 rating.
- Viscous Crankshaft Balancers provide a proven reduction in the wear of critical engine components.
What Makes the Fluidampr® Performance Diesel Damper the best replacement harmonic balancer available?
- Continuously self-tunes in real-time to the exact bandwidth of harmonics being produced by the engine.
- Optimized damping from stock to peak power levels.
- Controls damaging vibrations across a broad changing frequency and rpm range.
- These engine dampers are SFI Approved
- Made in the USA at an ISO:9001 Certified Facility.
- Used by almost every top engine builder to ensure peak engine performance under the harshest conditions.
- Fluidampr is the official damper of the National Association of Diesel Motorsports.
Purchase an American Made High Performance Viscous Harmonic Damper from KLM Performance for your:
- Dodge Cummins 6.7L Turbo Diesel
- Dodge Cummins 5.9L Turbo Diesel
- Dodge Cummins 5.9L Turbo Diesel 12 Valve
- 5.9L Cummins Competition Damper
- All 5.9L Cummins Turbo Diesels " 6BT "
- All 3.9L Cummins Turbo Diesels " 4BT "
- Ford 7.3L Powerstroke Diesel 1994 to 1997
- Ford 7.3L Powerstroke Diesel 1999 to 2003
- Ford 6.0L Powerstroke Diesel
- Ford 6.4L Powerstroke Diesel
- Ford 6.7L Powerstroke Diesel
- GM 6.2L Diesel
- GM 6.5L Diesel
- GM 6.6L Duramax Diesel