BORGESON STEERING SHAFT 000950
The Borgeson 000950 Replacement Heavy Duty Collapsible Intermediate Steering Shaft Assembly.
The Borgeson 950 Steering Shaft Assembly applications:
- All 1995 to 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 and 3500 2 Wheel Drive models.
- All 1995 to 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 and 3500 4 Wheel Drive models.
This Borgeson 000950 replacement steering column shaft assembly features:
- Incorporates a precision needle bearing u-joint on one end
- A telescoping shaft offers improved safety.
- A Vibration damper / u-joint on the other.
- This replacement truck steering shaft assemblies are easy to install with standard hand tools.
- Installation of this American Made Steering Shaft is Straightforward.
- In Twenty To Thirty minutes, your truck will be back on the road with vastly improved handling characteristics.
- This new steering shaft corrects the classic Dodge Steering Wander
- MADE IN THE USA!
- Accommodates aftermarket body lift kits.
The Borgeson 000950 Replacement Steering Shaft installs in 20-30 minutes your truck will be back on the road with vastly improved handling characteristics.
Borgeson 950 Steering Shafts for Dodge Ram Trucks Full-size Dodge Pickups replace the OEM steering coupler that can show signs of wear in as little as 4500 miles, depending on how the truck is used. This wear, which causes play in the vehicle's steering, is even more noticeable if your vehicle is used for plowing, towing or if oversized tires have been installed. Replacing the worn steering shaft with another OEM shaft only gives you a temporary fix.
Before you fully understand the essential function of the Replacement steering shaft, it might help that you learn first some of the fundamentals of the steering system. First and foremost, you should know that manual steering system incorporates a steering wheel and column, manual gearbox and pitman arm or a rack and pinion assembly, linkages, steering knuckles and ball joints and lastly, the wheel spindle assembly. Power steering systems add a hydraulic pump, fluid reservoir, hoses, line and a power assist unit mounted on or integral with a control assembly. You must also get yourself acquainted to several different manual steering gears.
The rack and pinion type is the common choice of many vehicle experts as well as manufacturers. The re-circulating ball type seems to be the previous favorite since the ball act as a rolling thread between the worm shaft and ball nut. Another manual steering gear once-popular was the worm and sector type. There are still other manual gears such as worm tapered pin steering gear and roller steering gear.
Note that the steering wheel and column are the primary causes of injury to the driver. A range of energy-absorbing and non-intrusion designs have been developed lately. The installation of an Energy-absorbing steering column performs two functions. One to stop the steering wheel and column from being pushed to the rear when the front of the car is crushed in an impact, and two to provide the operator with a tolerable impact as he moves towards the front and strikes the wheel with his chest. In the overall steering system, the steering shaft plays a significant contribution to the overall operation of the management system as a whole. However, the steering shaft is a wear item that will periodically degrade and function imperfectly. This time, you need to take the necessary action, and that is to replace it with a new one. The KLM Store is the best place to go when shopping for auto parts and accessories for your Dodge Ram Pickup. Here at KLM Performance, we offer you Replacement accessories aside from steering shafts. There is more for you here. So spend some time with us and have fun browsing!
- Flow Rate
- Item Number BUC 00095024
- make Dodge | Ram
- model 2500 | 3500
- year 1995 | 1996 | 1997 | 1998 | 1998.5 | 1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002
- Manufacturer Part No 000950
- Product Application 1995 to 2002 Dodge Ram 2500/3500
- height 2
- width 5
- brand Borgeson Universal
- Part Number
- manufacturer Borgeson Universal
- Beam Pattern
- Product Note