Home > Cummins 5.9L Intake Heater Grid Relay Dodge Ram 03-05
2003 to 2005 Dodge Ram 5.9L Cummins Diesel Air Intake Heater Grid Relays and Starter Relay
KLM Performance offers these Air Intake Relays as a pair of replacement heater grid intake relays. Dead relays can result in a poor start condition on your diesel engine or a no start condition on you gasoline engine. If your Dodge Ram truck has a gas motor this item is then sold as a single unit.
Mopar 68188370AA Electrical Relay applications:
- 2003 to 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel engines.
- 2003 to 2005 Dodge Ram 3500 diesel engines.
- 2003 to 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 5.7L V8 Gas engines.
- 2003 to 2005 Dodge Ram 3500 5.7L V8 Gas engines.
- 2003 to 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 8.0L V10 Gas engines.
- 2003 to 2005 Dodge Ram 3500 8.0L V8 Gas engines.
The Cummins 5.9L diesel does not use glow plugs during the startup process. This Cummins 5.9L engine is equipped with two relays that are used to activate the heater grid which is located directly between the air horn and intake manifold. The heater grid heats the incoming air during the startup process to ensure a quick starting in cold weather.
Warning signs your Dodge 5.9L Cummins Diesel Air Intake Heater Grid Relay needs replacement:
- Longer crank times in cold weather.
- More frequent crank periods before the engine fires.
- Increased white smoke during cold starts.
- A hard to start condition present during cold weather.
The replacement of the Intake Heater Relay on the 2003 to 2005 Dodge 5.9L Cummins requires two Mopar 68188370AA relays. Please make sure your order two of these electrical relays.
The Mopar 68188370AA succeeds the following part numbers:
This Relay is a genuine OEM Mopar part 68188370AA and is backed by the Mopar replacement parts warranty.