Home > Cummins 5.9L Intake Heater Grid Relay Dodge Ram 94-02
68188401AA mopar electrical relay for intake grid heater
1994 to 2002 Dodge 5.9L Cummins Diesel Air Intake Heater Grid Relay
KLM Performance offers this part as a Brand New OEM Mopar replacement heater grid intake relay for the complete repair of your poor start condition.
Mopar 68188401AA relay applications:
- 1994 to 1998 Cummins 5.9L 12 Valve diesel engines.
- 1998.5 to 2002 Cummins 5.9L 24 Valve diesel engines.
The Cummins 5.9L 12V and 24V diesel engines do not use glow plugs during the cold startup process. This Cummins engine is equipped with a relay that is used to activate the heater grid which is located directly between the air horn and intake manifold. The heater grid heats the incoming air during startup to ensure a quick start in cold weather.
Warning signs your Dodge 5.9L Cummins Diesel Air Intake Heater Relay needs to be replaced:
- Longer crank times in cold weather.
- More frequent crank periods before the engine fires.
- Increased white smoke during cold starts.
- A hard to start condition is present during cold weather.
The replacement of the Intake Heater Relay or Bracket on the 1998.5 to 2002 Dodge Cummins powered trucks requires only one Mopar 68188401AA relay.
The Mopar 68188401AA succeeds the following part numbers:
- Mopar 56026842
- Cummins 3924594
This 68188401AA Relay is a genuine OEM Mopar part that is covered by the Mopar replacement parts warranty.