Home > Cummins 5297640 6.7L Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor
- FREE GROUND SHIPPING -This Cummins 5297640 Fuel Pressure Sensor is for the is the in rail sensor for the 2007.5 to 2012 Dodge Ram diesel trucks with the 6.7L Cummins engine. READ MORE >>
Dodge 6.7L Cummins Common Rail Fuel Pressure Sensor
The Cummins 5297640 Fuel Pressure Sensor applications:
- 2007.5 to 2012 Dodge Ram 2500 trucks with the 6.7L Cummins engine.
- 2007.5 to 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 trucks with the 6.7L Cummins engine.
- 2007.5 to 2012 Dodge Ram 4500 trucks with the 6.7L Cummins engine.
- 2007.5 to 2012 Dodge Ram 5500 trucks with the 6.7L Cummins engine.
What does this Cummins 5297640 Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Do?
This Cummins, 5297640 fuel rail pressure sensor is used to sense the amount of fuel in the fuel rail by reading the internal pressure of the rail.
The common rail pressure sensor then sends an electronic message to the Power Control Module / PCM to precisely determine how much fuel needs to be released into the engine. The fuel rail pressure sensor in the Common Rail 6.7L diesel measures the pressure of the fuel supplied to the fuel injectors. This pressure signal is used by the PCM to adjust the fuel injector pulse width and duration while metering fuel to each cylinder during the combustion cycle.
This replacement fuel rail pressure sensor is a genuine Cummins part. The Cummins 6.7L fuel rail pressure sensor communicates with the fuel control actuator through the ECM. The fuel rail pressure sensor for the Cummins 6.7L diesel is located at the end of the fuel rail.
The Cummins 6.7L fuel rail pressure sensor is located on the back of the common rail. The fuel pressure sensor consists of a high-grade spring steel diaphragm with an attach strain gauge. The sensors internal diaphragm deflection changes the resistance of the strain gauge.
The Engine Control Module supplies the 5 volt supply voltage and ground for the fuel pressure sensor.
The Cummins 5297640 fuel rail pressure sensor uses a knife edge seal at its connection point to the fuel rail.
Symptoms of a Faulty Dodge Ram 6.7L Cummins Common Rail Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor:
- Difficulty Starting the engine.
- Engine losses power.
- Rough, erratic engine operation.
- Engine loses power and then regains power.
- P0193 Fuel Pressure Sensor Circuit High Input Code Displayed.
This Cummins Senor, Pressure part number 5261237 has now superseded to:
- Cummins 5297640
The Cummins 5297640 Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor is located at the end of the fuel rail and depicted as part number 10 in the exploded view illustration. This pressure sensor is an OEM Cummins part which is backed by the Cummins Warranty.