Borgeson Universal 000981 Telescopic Steel Steering Shaft for Ford trucks.
This BORGESON replacement steering shaft 981 will fit the following Ford vehicles:
- 1992 to 1996 Ford Bronco
- 1992 to 1996 Ford F150
- 1992 to 1996 Ford F250
- 1992 to 1996 Ford F350
Borgeson 981 Heavy Duty Replacement Steering Column Shaft attributes:
- Consists of two precision needle bearing u-joints.
- The shaft contains an Upgraded vibration reducer.
- The 981 Is an Extreme Duty telescoping steering shaft.
- Will accommodate Ford trucks with up to a 4" body lift.
- Give your Ford truck tighter, more responsive steering.
- The 000981 Ford Shaft can be installed in about 30 minutes or less.
- This intermediate shaft connects the factory steering column to the steering box.
- It is designed to accommodate the multiple length steering shafts used in these vehicles.
The Borgeson 000981 92-'96 Ford Bronco, F150, F250, F350 Collapsible Steering Shaft with Vibration Reducer benefits:
- Tighter Steering
- Better Handling
- No more steering wander.
- A new steering shaft provides direct steering input when the wheel is turned.
Full-size Ford Pickups have a type of steering coupler that can show signs of wear in as little as 4500 miles, depending on how the truck is used. This wear, which causes play in the truck's steering, is even more noticeable if your truck is used for plowing, towing or if oversized tires have been installed. Replacing the worn steering shaft with another OEM shaft only gives you a temporary fix. Borgeson has designed the 000981 Ford Replacement Steering shaft with precision needle bearing u-joints for the 1992 to 1996 Ford F150, F250, and F350 trucks.
The BORGESON STEERING SHAFT 981 - 000981 for the 1992 to 1996 Ford Trucks is a replacement steering shaft for the under the hood intermediate shaft. Are you finding it challenging to keep your Ford from wandering on the road? A replacement Borgeson 981 Steering Shaft is the answer to removing the play in the steering. If you have tried replacing the worn-out steering on your Ford, you've probably found that many OEM replacement steering assemblies are no longer available. Borgeson manufactured the 000981 heavy duty bolt-in replacement assemblies for most model years of Ford pickups and Broncos. Borgeson has incorporated a telescoping shaft into the 000981 that adds a measure of safety to the steering system. Ford has had many different length variations of steering shafts over the years and sometimes within model years. The Borgeson 000981 was designed to handle these variations.
This BORGESON STEERING SHAFT 981 - 000981 for the 92-96 Ford Trucks is MADE IN THE USA!
- engine N/A
- Flow Rate
- Item Number BUC 00098136
- make Ford
- model Bronco | F150 | F250 | F350
- year 1992 | 1993 | 1994 | 1995 | 1996
- Manufacturer Part No 000981
- Product Application 1992 to 1996 Ford Bronco, F150, F250, and F350 trucks
- height 2
- width 4
- Part Number
- manufacturer Borgeson Universal
- Beam Pattern
- Product Note