CATERPILLAR® Viscous Crankshaft Damper from Vibratech
FREE SHIPPING UNTIL DECEMBER 31!
Caterpillar Heavy Duty Replacement Diesel Damper from Vibratech is known as the 716405-000 Torsional Vibration Damper. This Caterpillar replacement viscous torsional damper is an American made precision product. This viscous crankshaft damper contains a free-floating rotational inertia ring surrounded by high-density viscous silicone fluid. These CNC machined parts are installed in a precision machined steel housing that is laser welded to incase all of these components. The sealed steel damper housing is then attached to your engine crankshaft. When the engine is started, the viscous damper effectively controls the torsional vibrations occurring by the rotation of the motor. The elimination of the destructive torsional vibrations occurs by the interaction of the external housing rotation, the inertia rings rotation, and the viscous silicone fluid. It is the differences in the motion of these objects contained in the Vibratec damper that control the damaging effects of torsional vibrations. If your engine is stock or highly modified on a viscous crank damper can control torsional vibrations. The failure to replace your CAT damper can lead to worn bearings, valvetrain issues, or a cracked or broken crankshaft.
The Caterpillar Heavy Duty Diesel Crankshaft Damper by Vibratech is for the following Caterpillar engines:
- Caterpillar C15
- Caterpillar C16
- Caterpillar 3408
- Caterpillar 3406 version A
- Caterpillar 3406 version B
- Caterpillar 3406 version C
- Caterpillar 3406 version E
- Caterpillar 3406 versions PC
This replacement CAT Vibration Damper for the Crankshaft offers:
- Increased horsepower
- Increased torque
- Better fuel efficiency
- Extends the life of the engine
- Improves valve timing
- Paintable steel finish
- Smoother Idle
- Lowers operator fatigue
Cross-references for this High Performance CATERPILLAR® Heavy Duty Diesel Crankshaft Vibration Damper:
- Caterpillar V-7E9520
- Caterpillar V-1678126
Vibratech TVD® invented viscous damper technology in 1946 to control torsional vibrations on large diesel engines. Vibratech continues to make these Torsional Vibration Dampers in the USA! The Vibratech TVD - Torsional Vibration Damper products are manufactured in a registered state-of-the-art facility that is ISO 9001:2008 certified. Your diesel engine requires the best heavy duty torsional vibration damper available so purchase a Vibratech TVD Damper for your CAT Diesel.
The use of an overseas manufactured crank damper is penny wise and pound foolish! The Vibratech 716405-000 Heavy Duty Diesel Damper is made with a free rotation inertia ring surrounded by a viscous silicone fluid enclosed in a laser welded, sealed housing. Caterpillar crank dampers should be inspected regularly. The replacement interval of the crankshaft damper is between 350K and 500K miles. If you just did an overhaul, make sure you change the Crankshaft Damper. Broken crankshafts make an overhaul look cheap!
NOTE: This Vibratech 716405-000 does not fit on the SDP versions of the CAT C-15 ACERT motors produced from 2008 to 2010!
This Heavy Duty CATERPILLAR® Crankshaft Damper is MADE IN THE USA!
- engine CAT 3406 | 3408 | C15 | C16
- Flow Rate
- Item Number FD-HD 716405-000
- make Caterpillar
- model Big Rig Class 8
- year 1963 | 1964 | 1965 | 1966 | 1967 | 1968 | 1969 | 1970 | 1971 | 1972 | 1973 | 1974 | 1975 | 1976 | 1977 | 1978 | 1979 | 1980 | 1981 | 1982 | 1983 | 1984 | 1985 | 1985.5 | 1986 | 1987 | 1988 | 1989 | 1990 | 1991 | 1992 | 1993 | 1994 | 1995 | 1996 | 1997 | 1998 | 1998.5 | 1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2002.5 | 2003 | 2003.5 | 2004 | 2004.5 | 2005 | 2005.5 | 2006 | 2006.5 | 2007 | 2007.5 | 2008 | 2008.5 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015
- Manufacturer Part No 716405-000
- Product Application Caterpillar C15 C16 3406 3408 Crankshaft Damper
- height 4
- width 16
- brand Vibratech TVD
- Part Number 716405-000
- manufacturer Vibratech TVD
- Beam Pattern
- Product Note American Made Nigh Performance Viscous Damper For the Caterpillar C15 C16 3406 3408 diesel engines.