Mopar 5187880AC Dodge Ram 5.9L and 6.7L Cummins Diesel Air Intake Heater Grid Relay
The Mopar 5187880AC Cummins Diesel Air Intake Manifold Heater Grid Relay applications:
- 2006 to 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 with 5.9L Cummins Turbo Diesel Engines.
- 2006 to 2007 Dodge Ram 3500 with 5.9L Cummins Turbo Diesel Engines.
- 2007.5 to 2018 Dodge Ram 2500 with 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel Engines.
- 2007.5 to 2018 Dodge Ram 3500 with 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel Engines.
- 2007.5 to 2018 Dodge Ram 4500 with 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel Engines.
- 2007.5 to 2018 Dodge Ram 5500 with 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel Engines.
KLM Performance offers this part as a Brand New OEM Mopar heater grid intake relay for the complete repair of your poor start condition in cold weather.
The Mopar 5187880AC relay is a vital part for the operation of the intake heater grid.
The Cummins 5.9L and 6.7L diesel engines do not use glow plugs during the cold startup process. The Cummins diesel engine is equipped with a relay that is used to activate the intake heater grid which is located directly between the air horn and intake manifold. The intake heater grid heats the incoming air charge during a cold startup to ensure a quick start in cold weather. The replacement of the Intake Heater Relay or Mopar Bracket on the 2006 to 2018 Dodge Cummins requires only one Mopar 5187880AC relay.
Warning signs your Dodge 5.9L Cummins, or 6.7L Cummins Diesel Air Intake Heater Grid Relay needs replacement:
- Longer crank times in cold weather.
- More frequent crank periods before the engine fires.
- Increased white smoke during cold starts.
- A hard to start condition present during cold weather.
The Mopar 5187880AC succeeds the following Mopar Bracket part numbers:
- Mopar 5187880AA
- Mopar 5187880AB
- Mopar 56029173AA
- Mopar 56029173AB
This Relay is a genuine OEM Mopar part which is backed by the Mopar replacement parts warranty.
- engine 5.9L Cummins | 6.7L Cummins
- Flow Rate
- Item Number Mopar 5187880AC
- make Dodge | Ram
- model 2500 | 3500 | 4500 | 5500
- year 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018
- Manufacturer Part No Mopar 5187880AC
- Product Application 2006 to 2018 Dodge Ram trucks with the 5.9L Cummins and 6.7L Cummins diesel.
- height 6
- width 6
- brand Mopar
- Part Number
- manufacturer Mopar
- Beam Pattern
Product Note Each Cummins diesel engines use an intake manifold air heater element assembly which is located at the top of the intake manifold. This air heater element is used to pre-heat incoming air charge to the intake manifold. This heated air charge is used to aid starting of your Cummins diesel engine when temperatures drop
as well as improve driveability with cold outside temperatures.