Replacement Crankshaft Damper for the Detroit Diesel Series 60 11.1L and 12.7L engines.
The Detroit Diesel Series 60 is an inline-six-cylinder four-stroke diesel engine produced from 1987 to 2007. This Harmonic Damper is for the Detroit Diesel Series 60 engine with the following displacements and variants:
- Detroit Diesel 60 Series11.1L engines with the DDEC I Detroit Diesel Electronic Control system produced from 1987 to 1993.
- Detroit Diesel 60 Series12.7L engines with the DDEC II Detroit Diesel Electronic Control system.
- Detroit Diesel 60 Series12.7L engines with the DDEC III Detroit Diesel Electronic Control system released in 1992.
- Detroit Diesel 60 Series12.7L engines with the DDEC IV Detroit Diesel Electronic Control system released in 1997.
If you have increased the power level of your Series 60 Detroit Diesel, the Vibratech 716852-000 harmonic damper will provide the correct level of control of all torsional vibrations. This American Made crankshaft damper is a precision made superior quality torsional vibration damper.
The Detroit 12.7L / 11.1L Series 60 Crankshaft Damper offers:
- Reduce Driver Fatigue
- Provides smoother engine operation at all RPM's and Power Levels
- Increase horsepower & torque
- Better fuel efficiency
- Extends the life of the engine
- Improves valve timing
- Paintable steel finish
This High Performance Torsional Vibration Damper DETROIT 11.L and 12.7L SERIES 60 cross-references to:
- Detroit 23525990
- Detroit 23522891
Vibratech Torsional Vibration manufacturers a Heavy Duty Replacement Diesel Damper that is designed and built to be a superior aftermarket vibration damper for the Detroit 11.1L and 12.7L Series 60 Turbo Diesel engines. The Vibratech Heavy Duty Diesel Damper design contains a with a free rotation inertia ring surrounded by a viscous silicone fluid which is enclosed in a laser welded, sealed housing. This Vibratech 7176852-000 Torsional Vibration Damper is a viscous damper manufactured in a registered state-of-the-art facility that is ISO 9001-2008 certified. Vibratech Heavy Duty Aftermarket dampers designed by engineers who understand the critical principles of physics that are used to develop harmonic dampers that control torsional vibrations. The fluid-filled Vibratech TVD® viscous harmonic dampers are the preferred heavy duty diesel engine vibration damper based on Quality, Dependability, and Longevity. Your DETROIT DIESEL® 11.1L or 12.7L SERIES 60 diesel engine requires the best torsional vibration damper available so purchase a Vibratech 7117406-000 damper.
Detroit Diesel 11.1L and 12.7 Liter Series 60 diesel engines dampers require replacement between 350,00 and 500,000 to ensure engine performance and reliability. When your Series 60 diesel engine is having an in-frame overhaul completed the crankshaft damper is often overlooked. The failure to replace the crankshaft damper is an extremely expensive error.
The failure to replace a worn out viscous crankshaft damper will not protect your engine from to costly engine damage and downtime.
KLM Performance recommends a regular inspection of the crankshaft damper to ensure the protection of from torsional vibration which will lead to costly engine damage and downtime.
That’s why regular viscous damper replacement in heavy-duty applications is critical to longer engine life
The use of an overseas manufacturer Detroit Diesel damper is penny wise and pound foolish!
NOTE: The picture displayed is not an accurate representation of this replacement heavy duty diesel damper for the Detroit Diesel Series 60 12.7 Liter or 11.1 Liter turbo diesel engine.
Detroit Diesel Series 60 Vibration Damper is MADE IN THE USA!
- engine 11.1L | 12.7L
- Flow Rate
- Item Number FD-HD 716852-00014
- make Detroit Diesel
- model Diesel
- year 1963 | 1964 | 1965 | 1966 | 1967 | 1968 | 1969 | 1970 | 1971 | 1972 | 1973 | 1974 | 1975 | 1976 | 1977 | 1978 | 1979 | 1980 | 1981 | 1982 | 1983 | 1984 | 1985 | 1985.5 | 1986 | 1987 | 1988 | 1989 | 1990 | 1991 | 1992 | 1993 | 1994 | 1995 | 1996 | 1997 | 1998 | 1998.5 | 1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2002.5 | 2003 | 2003.5 | 2004 | 2004.5 | 2005 | 2005.5 | 2006 | 2006.5 | 2007 | 2007.5 | 2008 | 2008.5 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2016.5 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021 | 2022 | 2023 | 2024 | 2025 | 2026 | 2027 | 2028 | 2029 | 2030
- Manufacturer Part No FD-HD 716852-000
- Product Application Detroit Diesel 12.7L and 11.1L Series 60 DDEC diesel engines.
- height 4
- width 14
- brand Vibratech TVD
faq When To Replace Your Detroit Diesel Harmonic Balancer?
Your harmonic balancer should be replaced at every major overhaul or in-frame. Professional diesel mechanics, service advisers, and fleet managers recommend replacing the harmonic balancer every 500,000 to 750,000 miles or according to OEM service intervals with a genuine Vibratech TVD viscous damper. This small preventative step provides financial returns over time by helping to maintain the operating efficiency and fuel economy of the engine, while reducing the risk of downtime.
- Part Number
- manufacturer Vibratech TVD
- Beam Pattern
- Product Note