ARP Gasoline Head Studs
ARP Automotive Racing Products Gasoline Engine Head Stud Kits
KLM Performance Inc. offers the ARP Gasoline Engines Head Studs:
Do I need to install ARP Head Studs?
Yes, head studs are expensive, but this is a lesson of its far cheaper to do it right the first time! Many owners of high-performance engines have regrets about not installing head studs sooner because they have learned an expensive lesson. On the other hand, we have not heard any regrets from those who have installed them.
These head studs are costly, but If you have cranked up the fuel delivery rate, altered engine timing, increased boost levels, added larger injectors and mashed the skinny pedal. It comes down to increased power levels and the ability of the motor to control the growing power. The fact that your right foot controls your destiny combined with the understanding that everything has a failure point. Installing the ARP Head Studs in your gas engine will save you from some very expensive lessons. Installation of ARP Head Stud Kits is better suited for high-performance vehicles with greater power requirements. Head Stud installation depends on the automobile in question and the ways in which it is going to be used.
ARP Head Stud benefits:
- Using head studs will make it much easier to assemble an engine.
- Racing engines which must be serviced frequently and quickly will benefit from ARP head stud kit installation.
- Cylinder head and gasket alignment are assured.
- Studs provide a more accurate and consistent torque loading.
- Head studs in an engine can be a major decision that affects the way the motor runs.
- Head studs are typically threaded on both ends and often have an unthreaded middle section of the shaft.
- Studs do not have a head, whereas head bolts always do.
- Ease of engine assembly and dis-assembly is a significant benefit.
- Enables the ability to handle higher boost and compression levels.
- Can be a significant factor to increasing overall engine performance.
- Head studs are also thermally treated at high pressure to improve structural strength.
- Head Studs are carefully shaped to allow production of high quality fasteners.
- The machining of a head stud requires a series of cuts to produce a straight and balanced fastener.
- Studs can be roll threaded before or after heat treatment.
- Studs have a higher mechanical strength and stress tolerance that head bolts.
- ARP manufactures Higher-end head studs are specially designed within exacting tolerances and strength ratings.
- These head studs provide secure positioning of the head gasket and cylinders with near perfect alignment.
- Stud Kit installation translates into higher engine reliability and a lower chance of head gasket failure.
ARP’s product line contains thousands of part numbers and has expanded to include virtually every fastener found in an engine and driveline application. If you don't see the product, you are looking for please feel free to contact us at 203-210-7200 for more information.