Crankcase Ventilation Filters - CCV
Crankcase Ventilation Filters
What does a Crankcase Ventilation Filter do?
A crankcase ventilation system is a one-way passage for the gases produced by a diesel engine to escape in a controlled manner from the crankcase of an internal combustion engine. Crankcase vent filter products protect the engine by providing the best solution for total particulate emissions removal. The Crankcase vent filter reduces oil consumption by eliminating oil mist, aerosol vapors and oil drip in the engine compartment. The Crankcase Ventilation System is some engines are electronically managed for optimum engine efficiency. The Crankcase Ventilation System do not add any parasitic load or complexity to the engine. These are coalescing filters are easily serviced. The Crankcase Ventilation System, only needing replacement every two years, 2,500 hours or 60,000 miles.
There are two types of Fleetguard crankcase ventilation filter systems used today. Both of these filter types are designed to do the same job of protecting the engine and the environment from aerosol vapors and oil drip in the engine compartment. These Crankcase Vent Filers are categorized as:
- Fleetguard Closed Crankcase Ventilation Filters
- Fleetguard Open Crankcase Ventilation Filters
The crankcase ventilation filter or CCV became necessary because internal combustion inevitably involves a small but continual amount of blow-by, which occurs when some of the gasses from the combustion leak past the piston rings (that is, blow by them) to end up inside the crankcase, causing pressure to build up in the crankcase. For the active control of the pressurized particulate gasses inside the crankcase, these gasses are transferred to the CCV Filter. The crankcase vent filter captures the airborne gasses which contain the oil vapor. These gasses are filtered and cleaned off the combustion gasses; then they are released back into the combustion cycle for the maximum control of emissions.
What is the difference between the Closed Crankcase Ventilation and Open Crankcase Ventilation Systems?
- An Open Crankcase ventilation system lets the crankcase and combustion fumes vent directly into the atmosphere.
- A Closed Crankcase Ventilation System captures the crankcase oil mist, aerosol sized droplets, soot and returns it to the oil pan. This CCV system also captures blow by and returns it to the combustion chamber to be burned again. Closing the crankcase ventilation system means catching the blow-by gas back to the incoming combustion air charge and feeding this directly into the engine.
Due to the growing importance of safeguarding the global environment modern high performance diesel engines use this efficient crankcase ventilation filtration systems. Since the total control of diesel emissions are increasingly regulated the use of a crankcase ventilation system filter is critical to diesel engine Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs). Future worldwide diesel engine emission regulations will require original equipment manufacturers to continue to reduce total particulate emissions. Current emission regulations in many countries and market segments cover total engine emissions, which include both tailpipe and crankcase. The emissions released by the crankcase can contribute up to 25% of total emissions, control of this air pollution source is critical to the protection of the earth's environment.
These Cummins Filtration's crankcase ventilation systems are innovative products using patented technologies to control oil drip and crankcase emissions in diesel engine applications. The open crankcase ventilation (OCV) systems provide superior aerosol filtering of crankcase emissions, commonly known as blow-by. Blow-by is the result of high-pressure gases and oils escaping around piston rings and venting to the atmosphere. This oily mist attracts dust and airborne particles, leading to an accumulation of contaminants, both on the engine and on the surface beneath it. This condition increases the clean-up required in the engine compartment, as well as unsightly oil drips on highways, bodies of water, parking lots, crops, garage floors, and driveways.
Fleetguard Closed Crankcase Ventilation (CCV) Retrofit Kits
Fleetguard offers Closed Crankcase Ventilation (CCV), Retrofit Kist, to protect your engine and the environment. This Fleetguard system provides Closed Crankcase Ventilation (CCV) Retrofit Upgrade Kits are the best solution for reducing emissions emitted by today's diesel engines. The installation of a Closed Crankcase Ventilation (CCV)Kit reduces oil consumption by eliminating mist, aerosol vapors and oil drip in the engine compartment.
Cummins Filtration offers a complete line of Open Crankcase Ventilation and Closed Crankcase Ventilation Systems for diesel engine applications. These Crankcase Ventilation Systems use real technology for better performance and a cleaner environment for diesel engines from 60 to 640 HP.
Benefits of the CCV Crankcase Ventilation Systems include:
- Virtually eliminates oil drip
- Reduces engine oil consumption
- Superior aerosol filtration and collection
- Reduces engine maintenance and downtime
- No CCV service is required until the filter change interval is reached.
- OEM Approved / Validated
- Filters up to 99% of oil drip from blow-by
- Filters up to 95% of aerosol vapors from blow-by
- Eliminates 100% of engine compartment fumes
- CCV Filters use in diesel engine applications with up to 10L engine displacement.
- For only OEM engines, the retrofit kit can be applied to engine applications with up to 15L engine displacement.
- Compact design mounts easily in the engine compartment.
- Up to 3 times longer service intervals than the competition.
- High efficiency coalescing filter assembly.
- Crankcase Depression Regulator (CDR) Valve that regulates pressure between engine crankcase and turbocharger inlet.
- Allows captured oil to drain back to the engine oil sump
These filters are also referred to as:
- a closed crankcase ventilation filter
- a crankcase ventilation filter
- ccv, ocv, cv,
- crank case
- coalescer filter
- impactor technology filter
- crankcase filter,
- vent filter,
- crankcase breather
- open retrofit kit
- crankcase breather element
- diesel engine crankcase ventilation filter
- Crankcase Vent
Genuine Cummins Crankcase Ventilation Filters
These Fleetguard Crankcase Ventilation Management Filters for the Cummins diesel engines use advanced oil separation media to control the aerosol blow-by gasses. Designed and manufactured by Cummins Filtration using the Proprietary Multi-Density Media these different and unique polymer webs of the filtration media tailored for optimal oil droplet removal from the blow-by gasses. The varied fiber sizes offer an efficient gradient structure to ensure complete filtration. The filter media layout creates optimal particle capture and coalescence to protect the environment and the air intake system
These CCV filters used on the Cummins 5.9L, 6.7L, and 15L Cummins diesel engines.
KLM Performance carries these CCV filters for premium filtration levels required to keep your fuel system running clean, efficient and robust. If you do not see the diesel filters you are looking for, please do not hesitate to call us or contact us.
List Price: $66.09add to cart
List Price: $374.62add to cart