Fluidampr 870211 6.0L Ford Powerstroke Dual Alternator Harmonic Damper
The Fluidampr 870211 High Performance Diesel Damper applications:
- 2003 to 2007 Ford Vehicles equipped with the 6.0L Powerstroke motor that is powered by dual alternators.
Specifications of the Fluidampr Ford 6.0L Powerstroke Dual Alternator Fluidampr Performance Harmonic Damper
- Material = Steel
- Coated in a Black Zinc Finish
- Outside Diameter is 8-7/8."
- Unit Weighs 29 pounds.
- Balance = External
By installing the new Fluidampr Performance Diesel Damper on your 2003 to 2007 Ford 6.0L Dual Alternator equipped Powerstroke you will:
- Protect your engine from destructive torsional vibrations
- Increase Torque and Horsepower output.
- Save your crankshaft
- Stabilize your valve-train
What is Torsional Vibration and How Does the Fluidampr 870211 control this destructive force?
Each time the air/fuel mixture inside a cylinder is ignited, the combustion charge that occurs creates a torque spike that is applied to the crankshaft through the piston and rod. This torque spike is so severe that it not only turns the crankshaft, it twists the crankshaft ahead of its regular rotation and then the crankshaft rebounds. This twisting action is known as torsional vibration. When these torque spikes and forces get into phase with the natural frequency, critical torsional harmonic vibrations occur and can be severely destructive to the bearings and the crankshaft. Fluidampr High Performance Diesel Dampers are designed to control those destructive vibrations.
The Fluidampr 870211 High Performance Diesel Damper is MADE IN THE USA!
- engine 6.0L Powerstroke
- Flow Rate
- Item Number FD-87021116
- Manufacturer Part No 870211
- Product Application 2003 to 2009 Ford 6.0L Powerstroke Engines with a Dual Alternator
- height 8
- width 16
- brand Fluidampr
- Part Number
- manufacturer Fluidampr
- Beam Pattern
- Product Note