GM Pick-Up Truck Raptor Fuel Pump
GM 6.5L and 6.6L Duramax Diesel Raptor Lift Pumps
The Raptor diesel fuel pump is a gear rotor fuel pump; that features an adjustable pressure regulator. The Raptor fuel pump also has a protective wire screen insert at the fuel inlet side of the pump.
The GM 6.6L Duramax diesel engine is extremely responsive to the installation of an aftermarket lift pump. The GMC and Chevy Duramax trucks are not equipped with a lift pump from the factory. The Duramax diesel engine relies upon the CP3 fuel injection pump for its fuel supply. The CP3 diesel fuel injection pump is the truck's only means of getting fuel from the fuel tank to the engine. Due to the lack of a factory supplied lift pump the diesel fuel supply in a Duramax engine is under constant suction which causes cavitation. The effects of cavitation cause excessive wear and tear on injectors and your injection pump. Reduced or restricted fuel flow is the main cause of low rail pressure codes when adding aftermarket programmers or tuners that increase the demand for fuel.
Chevy and GM Diesel Engine Benefits:
By providing both constant positive fuel pressure and the proper flow of diesel fuel to the engine the following benefits:
- Smoother and quieter idle
- Improved throttle response
- Increased fuel economy
- Better mid-range through top end power.
- Consistent fuel rail pressure to support both stock and modified engines.
PureFlow AirDog offers two different fuel supply lift pumps for the Duramax diesel engine:
- The R2SBC133 RP-100 is for the 2001 to 2010 Duramax LB7, LLY, LBZ, LMM diesel engines. This RP 100 flows 100 gallons per hour at the Preset 8 to 10 PSI. The RP-100 is recommended for stock and slightly modified DuraMax diesel engines up to 550 horsepower.
- The R2SBC136 RP-150 is for the 2001 to 2010 Duramax LB7, LLY, LBZ, LMM diesel engines. This RP 150 flows 150 gallons per hour at the Preset 8 to 10 PSI. The RP-150 is recommended for highly modified DuraMax diesel engines up to 1200 horsepower. ,
PureFlow AirDog offers two different fuel supply lift pumps for the 6.5L diesel engine:
- The R2SBC132 RP-100 is for 1992 to 2000 6.5L diesel engines. This RP 100 flows 100 gallons per hour at the preset 8 PSI fuel pressure rating. The RP-100 is for stock and slightly modified 6.5L diesel engines up to 550 horsepower.
- The R2SBC1352 RP-150 is for 1992 to 2000 6.5L diesel engines. This RP 150 flows 150 gallons per hour at the preset 8 PSI fuel pressure rating. The RP-150 is for highly modified 6.5L diesel engines up to 550 horsepower.
Raptor Installation Note:
Raptor diesel fuel pump kits that flow 100 gallons per hour do not require you to drop the tank to install the system. These Raptor Fuel Pumps features OEM style quick connect fittings for a simple installation. The Raptor FP-100 fuel pump has a straight forward installation that allows you to hook the suction line to the factory fitting on the fuel tank sending unit. Installation of the Raptor FP-150 will require the lowering of the fuel tank to install either a suction tube kit or a fuel sump kit. The installation of the fuel sump or suction tube kit will ensure proper fuel flow rates.
The Raptor Fuel Pump is a Premium Performance lift pump for the General Motors 6.5L and 6.6L DuraMax Diesel engines. This high performance Duramax Diesel engine lift pumps are offered as a complete kit ready for installation. Raptor fuel pumps use the factory fuel filter housing for fuel filtration.