High Performance Harmonic Dampers provide dyno proven results. Installation of a proven performance crankshaft damper is money well spent when you're increasing the power output or in need of replacing your OEM crankshaft damper. The installation of a viscous damper is a necessary replacement or upgrade to control destructive torsional crankshaft vibrations and promote a longer engine life. These viscous harmonic engine balancers are designed as a high performance alternative damper to control vibrations in your engine at all power levels and engine RPMs. A harmonic balancer provides improved valve train operation and timing efficiency, plus it will reduce wear on critical engine components such as main bearings, oil pump and the crankshaft itself. Your engine's harmonic balancer is overlooked when repairs or power upgrades are planned. Power upgrades are the main reason why a viscous damper is so important. The use of the OEM or low-cost damper could be the single most costly mistake you make on your engine.
The Fluidampr Performance Harmonic Balancers are available for the following types of engines:
1. Most stock dampers are tuned absorbers and do not work when the engine has been altered or modified from the original set-up.
2. The crankshaft fluid damper is not a balancer. Its job is to control the destructive torsional vibrations.
3. The silicone inside a Fluidampr crank vibration damper will not expire and is not affected by temperature change.
4. An externally balanced assembly should be balanced with only the counterweight or stock damper installed.
5. The best crankshaft dampers are available from Horschel Motorsports.
6. Horschel Motorsports invented the Viscous Damper in 1946 and continued this tradition as ISO 9001 certified facility.
7. The Fluidamper and Vibratech Viscous Crankshaft Damper products are proudly made in the USA!
Your engine's crankshaft damper can also be referred to as a:
These common names associated with the device connected to the crankshaft of an engine to reduce torsional vibration. The harmonic balancer can also serve as a pulley for the engine's drive belts.
Items 1-12 of 42