Ford Powerstroke Diesel Harmonic Dampers
Fluidampr Ford Diesel Harmonic Dampers
Fluidampr Diesel Dampers are ideal for anyone looking for a replacement damper to the individual looking for a superior harmonic balancer for a diesel engine with increased power. From stock power toa full blown competition motor Fluidampr harmonic crankshaft balancers have you covered. A normal stock damper is considered a wear item and diesel engine performance upgrades drastically increase the harmful torsional vibrations produced with every single power stroke of an internal combustion engine.
Fluidmapr manufacturers American Made High Performance Harmonic Dampers for these Ford Super Duty Truck engines:
- Ford 7.3L Power Stroke diesel
- Ford 6.0L Power Stroke diesel
- Ford 6.4L Power Stroke
- Ford 6.7L Power Stroke
Why Do I Need A Performance Harmonic Balancer / Crankshaft Damper? The installation of any performance parts that increase the engines power output or torque, such as intake, rods, pistons, flywheel, flexplate, fuel pump, injectors, exhaust, cams, and any ECM changes typically will increase in torsional vibration magnitude and frequency. These performance upgrades also increase torsional vibrations above a level the OEM damper was not designed to handle. A stock harmonic balancer typically is only tuned for a 50hz peak variance at a specific power level. Alter any of the engines rotating assembly parameters and it may leave your critical engine components unprotected when torsional vibration is at its peak.
Signs that the OEM stock vibration damper is now failing:
- Bonded rubber on the harmonic balancer is now cracked.
- Bulging or missing rubber between the hub and outer ring.
- Age and repeating heat cycles have caused the rubber to degrade.
Signs that the OEM stock vibration damper has failed:
- A common failure will be the outer ring separating from the hub causing damage inside the engine bay.
- A noticeable increase in the level of in cab vibrations.
- Wobble of damper apparent during engine operation.
- Dampers outer ring separating from the hub.
Due to the countless combinations of performance upgrades the simplest and most cost effective solution for controlling dangerous torsional vibrations is to install a Fluidampr performance diesel damper. By design, Fluidampr viscous vibration dampers protect your engine from torsional vibrations across a broad range of frequencies and power levels. The earlier a Fluidamper performance damper is installed, the more you’ll benefit from its protection, performance and the ability to insure long term engine life.
What exactly does a Harmonic Balancer Do?
The harmonic balancer job is to control the destructive crankshaft torsional vibration that are produced with each power stroke of the engine during the combustion process. The power cycle of the engine generates a twist and rebound effect upon the crankshaft which causes torsional vibrations or harmonic vibrations. Torsional vibrations are the end-to-end twisting or rebound motion exerted on the crankshaft during each power stroke. A torsional harmonic balancer controls these forces and allows for increased valve train and timing efficiency. The other benefits obtained by the installation of a viscous crankshaft damper are a reduction in the wear of critical engine components such as main bearings, oil pump and the crankshaft itself.
Fluidampr High Performance Diesel Crankshaft Damper Benefits:
- Designed to accommodate stock to extreme power levels.
- Will not wear out and will last the life of your engine.
- Fluidampr torsional vibration dampers never need to be tuned or rebuilt.
- Saves you the expense of costly rebuilds related to damper failure.
- Viscous damper continuously adjusts in real time to control torsional vibrations at all power levels and engine RPM's.
- 100% Made in the USA!
- Fluidampr viscous damper you will reduce wear on the main bearings, timing gear and valve train operation.
- Will reduce the risk of Oil Pump Failure.
- Provides more accurate valve train operation.
- Lower the risk of crank shaft failure.
- Fluidampr® – Performance Diesel replacement dampers automatically adapts to your modifications.
- Fluidampr vibration dampers feature precision machined and computer balanced components.
- Approved for Racing applications with its SFI 18.1 rating.
What Makes the Fluidampr®Performance Diesel Damper the best:
- Continuously self-tunes in real time to the exact bandwidth of harmonics being produced by the engine.
- Optimizes damping at both stock and peak levels
- Controls damaging vibrations across a broad changing frequency and rpm range.
- These dampers are SFI Approved
- Made in the USA at an ISO 9001 Certified Facility.
- Used by almost every top engine builder to insure peak engine performance under the harshest conditions.
List Price: $598.99 Your Price: $598.99 You Save: $0.00 (0 %)add to cart
List Price: $452.60 Your Price: $452.60 You Save: $0.00 (0 %)add to cart
List Price: $418.35 Your Price: $418.35 You Save: $0.00 (0 %)add to cart
List Price: $179.65 Your Price: $179.65 You Save: $0.00 (0 %)add to cart
List Price: $598.36 Your Price: $469.85 You Save: $128.51 (21 %)add to cart
List Price: $452.65 Your Price: $452.65 You Save: $0.00 (0 %)add to cart
List Price: $419.34 Your Price: $419.34 You Save: $0.00 (0 %)add to cart
List Price: $38.02 Your Price: $38.02 You Save: $0.00 (0 %)add to cart
List Price: $48.71 Your Price: $38.24 You Save: $10.47 (21 %)add to cart