Home > TJM 657025 Front XGS 100 Series Land Cruiser Torsion Bars
TJM 657025 XGS Heavy DutyTorsion Bar Set For The Gas Engine 100 Series Models
TJM 657025 Torsion Bar Applications:
- 1997 Toyota 100 Series Land Cruiser
- 1998 Toyota 100 Series Land Cruiser
- 1999 Toyota 100 Series Land Cruiser
- 2000 Toyota 100 Series Land Cruiser
- 2001 Toyota 100 Series Land Cruiser
- 2002 Toyota 100 Series Land Cruiser
- 2003 Toyota 100 Series Land Cruiser
- 2004 Toyota 100 Series Land Cruiser
- 2005 Toyota 100 Series Land Cruiser
- 2006 Toyota 100 Series Land Cruiser
- 2007 Toyota 100 Series Land Cruiser
- 1998 Lexus LX470
- 1999 Lexus LX470
- 2000 Lexus LX470
- 2001 Lexus LX470
- 2002 Lexus LX470
- 2003 Lexus LX470
- 2004 Lexus LX470
- 2005 Lexus LX470
- 2006 Lexus LX470
The TJM 100 Series Land Cruiser Torsion Bar features:
- Made with premium grade steel
- Torsion Bar Diameter is 32 MM
- Torsion Bar Length 1160 MM
- Torsion Bar Spline Count 46 Splines on both ends of the bar.
- Powder coated to prevent corrosion.
- The TJM Land Cruiser Torsion Bar will provide lift and improve ride quality.
- TJM 100 Series Torsion Bars are an upgrade from the toyota factory torsion bar.
What does the Torsion bar do?
A torsion bar suspension, also known as a torsion spring suspension or torsion beam suspension uses a torsion bar as its main weight bearing spring. The 1997 to 2007 Toyota 100 Series Land Cruiser and the 1998 to 2006 Lexus LX470 use this type of front suspension system. One end of a long metal bar is attached firmly to the vehicle chassis; the opposite end mounts into the torsion key. The torsion key is perpendicular to the torsion bar, that is connected to lower control arm. Vertical motion of the wheel causes the bar to twist around its axis and is resisted by the bar's torsion resistance. The effective spring rate of the torsion bar is a factor of its length, cross-section, shape, material, and manufacturing process. The torsion bar suspension advantages are durability, easy adjustability of ride height, and small profile along the width of the vehicle. A Torsion Bar suspension system requires less volume than a coil spring suspension. A disadvantage is that torsion bars, unlike coil springs, usually cannot provide a progressive spring rate. In most torsion bar systems, ride height (and therefore many handling features) may be changed by just adjusting bolts that connect the torsion bars to the steering knuckles. Increasing the size of the diameter of the torsion bar for a different spring rate is usually an easy task.
The TJM 657025 Land Cruiser Torsion Bar Set Includes:
- Two 32 MM Diameter 100 Series Land Cruiser Torsion Bars
KLM Performance recommends the installation of the TJM 663SB80B Torsion Bar Strengthening Bracket when installing them 32MM Torsion Bars on your Landcruiser of Lexus.