Fluidampr 551221 Sport Compact Harmonic Fluid Damper protects your engine from destructive torsional vibrations while increasing its increases Horsepower and Torque output. This viscous damper effectively protecting your stock or modified VR6 engine from detrimental torsional vibrations throughout its entire RPM range in real time.
Fluidampr 551221 Vicous Engine Damper
The Ffluidampr 551221 Sport Compact Viscous Crankshaft Vibration Damper.
Fluidampr 551221 VR6 High Performance Sport Compact Crankshaft Balancer fitment guide:
- VR-6 2.9L V6 12V engine 1994 to 1997 versions.
- VR-6 2.8L V6 24V engine 1991 to 2005 versions.
- VR-6 3.2L V6 24V engine 2003 to 2005 versions.
- VR-6 3.6L V6 24V engine 2005 to 2013 versions.
Volkswagen in these models currently uses the VR6 engine:
- Volkswagen Passat CC
- Volkswagen Phaeton
- Volkswagen Touareg
- Volkswagen Passat NMS
- Volkswagen Golf Mk3
- Volkswagen Golf Mk4
- Volkswagen Golf Mk5
- Volkswagen Vento/Volkswagen Jetta Mk3
- Volkswagen Bora/Volkswagen Jetta Mk4
- Volkswagen New Beetle
- Volkswagen Corrado
- Volkswagen Passat (B3, B4, and B6 chassis)
- Volkswagen Sharan
- Volkswagen Transporter/Caravelle/Multivan T4 and T5
- Volkswagen Eos
The VR6 engine is used in these Audi applications:
- Audi A3 Mk2
- Audi TT Mk1 and Mk2
- Audi Q7
The VR6 V6 engine is used in these Porsche applications:
The VR6 V6 engine is used by Mercedes Benz in this application:
- Mercedes-Benz Vito/ V class
Fluidampr 551221 Viscous Crankshaft Damper Benefits:
- Premium viscous style damper.
- Reduced RPM loss during rapid shifting.
- Damper Decreases Gearbox and Clutch noises.
- Upgrade creates a long lasting foundation for durability and performance.
- Provides protection against a broad range of destructive crankshaft torsional vibrations.
- A smoother running engine gains both HP and Torque.
- Reduces parasitic power loss by controlling engine vibrations.
- Better Fuel Efficiency
- A high performance viscous damper will extend the life of the motor.
- Improves Valve timing
- Reduces crankshaft and bearing wear
- No tuning required - just bolt it on
- Safely controls torsional vibrations at all RPM's and power levels.
- Effectively compensates for changes in the rotational mass of built motors.
- Continuously self-tunes in real time to control vibrations at all engines speeds and power levels.
- Prolongs engine life.
- Long lasting viscous silicone damper technology.
- Precision CNC machined
- High-Speed Computer Zero balanced high-grade steel components.
- No tuning or maintenance required.
Fluidampr 551221 Sport Compact Vibration Damper Specifications:
- Material = Steel
- Coated in a Black Zinc Finish
- Outside Diameter of 5.65."
- The unit weighs 6.1 pounds.
- Internally Balanced Crankshaft Damper
- Damper does not contain a pulley.
- Certified SFI 18.1 Safety Rating
- Pre-drilled M8 x1 .25 on ø2.256 B.C. bolt pattern for aftermarket accessory drives.
- Bore Diameter 1.3788
- Length 1.571."
- Single Piece Construction
Fluidampr 551221 Sport Compact Harmonic Damper Installation Instructions.
The Fluidampr Engine Damper is MADE IN THE USA!