Dodge Ram 5.9L Cummins 180 Degree Replacement Thermostat
This Cummins Thermostat is an Original Equipment Manufacturer part. This Cummins 180-Degree Thermostat is the same part that was made and installed at the factory. This replacement thermostat is the most current and up to date replacement 180-degree thermostat available from Cummins.
This Cummins 5292742 180 Degree Thermostat applications:
- 1998.5 to 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 trucks with the 5.9L Turbo Diesel Engine.
- 1998.5 to 2002 Dodge Ram 3500 trucks with the 5.9L Turbo Diesel Engine.
- 2003 to 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 trucks with the 5.9L Turbo Diesel Engine.
- 2003 to 2007 Dodge Ram 3500 trucks with the 5.9L Turbo Diesel Engine.
- Cummins 4BT 3.9L ISB engines
- Cummins 4BTA 3.9L ISB engines
- Cummins 6B I5.9L SB engines
- Cummins 6B I5.9L QSB engines
The Cummins 180 Degree Thermostat Kit includes:
- Cummins 180 Degree Thermostat
- Cummins 180 Degree Thermostat Seal
The Cummins 5292742 180 Degree Thermostat Kit supersedes:
- Cummins 3967195
- Cummins 3946116
- Cummins 3943200
- Cummins 3935811
- Cummins 3954194 4isb
Replacement OEM Cummins 180 Degree Thermostat and Seal Kit are for the select 3.9L Cummins, and 5.9L Cummins Dodge Ram Cummins powered trucks.
NOTE: The image portrayed is not an accurate representation of the Cummins 5292742 180 Degree Thermostat.
- engine 3.9L Cummins | 5.9L Cummins
- Flow Rate
- Item Number Cummins 52927424
- make Cummins | Dodge | Ram
- model 2500 | 3500
- year 1998.5 | 1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007
- Manufacturer Part No 5292742
- Product Application 1998.5 to 2007 Dodge Ram 5.9L Cummins
- height 5
- width 5
- brand Cummins
faq What does the Dodge Ram 180 Degree Thermostat do?
The Dodge Ram Cummins 180 degree Thermostat allows low-temperature coolant from the radiator into the engine to keep the operating temperature within a predetermined range.
What are the warning signs that you may have a defective thermostat?
The warning signs that your operating a Dodge Cummins 5.9L with a bad thermostat is the inability to generate engine heat or the operation of high engine coolant temperatures. These are signs the thermostat is now stuck in the open or closed position. A defective thermostat will cause the engine to operate below the correct operating temperature or overheat.
What is the best advice on how to correct these symptoms?
If you are currently experiencing any of these symptoms its time to replace the Cummins 3967195 180 Degree Thermostat yourself in order to alleviate this issue.
What if I choose a lower-priced Thermostat?
The use of a less expensive thermostat is a prime example of you get what you pay for. The Cummins turbo diesel is designed for peak operating performance when it runs at the correct operating temperature. We have had many customers purchase the OEM Cummins thermostat after learning this lesson.
- Part Number 5292742
- manufacturer Cummins
- Beam Pattern
- Product Note Cummins Parts Are A Non-Returnable Item. Please make sure you have ordered the correct part for your Cummins diesel engine!