Fluidampr Sport Compact Damper
Fluidampr Sport Compact Viscous Crankshaft Dampers
Fluidampr Sport Compact crankshaft dampers are ideal for anyone looking for a replacement damper to the individual looking for a superior harmonic balancer for a modified sport compact engine with increased power and higher engine RPM levels. From stock power to a full blown competition motor Fluidampr harmonic crankshaft balancers have you covered. A normal stock damper is considered a wear item that needs to be replaced. The OEM dampers were also designed to operate at the stock power level. Sport compact performance upgrades drastically increase the harmful torsional vibrations produced with every single power stroke of an internal combustion engine.
Why Do I Need A Performance Harmonic Balancer / Crankshaft Damper?
The installation of any performance parts that increase the engine's power output or torque, such as intake, camshafts, rods, pistons, flywheel, flexplate, fuel pump, injectors, exhaust system or any ECM changes typically will increase in torsional vibration magnitude and frequency. These performance upgrades also increase torsional vibrations above a level the OEM damper was not designed to handle. A stock harmonic balancer typically is only tuned for a 50hz peak variance at a particular power level. Alter any of the engines rotating assembly parameters and it may leave your critical engine components unprotected when torsional vibration is at its peak. Signs that the OEM stock vibration damper is now failing: Bonded rubber on the harmonic balancer is now cracked. Bulging or missing rubber between the hub and outer ring. Age and repeating heat cycles have caused the rubber to degrade.
Signs that the OEM stock vibration damper has failed:
- A collective failure will be the outer ring separating from the hub causing damage inside the engine bay.
- A noticeable increase in the level of in cab vibrations.
- A wobble of damper apparent during engine operation.
- Dampers outer ring separating from the hub.
Due to the countless combinations of performance upgrades possible the simplest and most cost effective solution for controlling dangerous torsional vibrations is to install a Fluidampr high performance sport compact viscous damper on your engine. By design, Fluidampr viscous vibration dampers protect your engine from torsional vibrations across a broad range of frequencies and power levels. A viscous vibration damper also continuously self-tunes in real time to adapt to your next engine modification. The earlier a Fluidampr performance damper installation takes place, the more you will benefit from its protection, performance and the ability to ensure long term engine life.
What exactly does a Harmonic Balancer Do?
The harmonic balancer job is to control the destructive crankshaft torsional vibrations. These vibrations are produced with each power stroke of the engine during the combustion process. The power cycle of the engine generates a twist and rebound effect upon the engine's crankshaft which causes torsional vibrations or harmonic waves. Torsional vibrations are the end-to-end twisting or rebound motion exerted on the crankshaft during each power stroke. A torsional harmonic balancer controls these forces and allows for increased valve train and timing efficiency. The other benefits obtained by the installation of a viscous crankshaft damper are a reduction in the wear of critical engine components such as main bearings, oil pump and the crankshaft itself.
Fluidampr High Performance Sport Compact Crankshaft Damper Benefits:
- Designed to accommodate stock to extreme power levels.
- Will not wear out and will last the life of your engine.
- Fluidampr torsional vibration dampers never need to be tuned or rebuilt.
- Saves you the expense of costly rebuilds related to damper failure.
- Viscous dampers continuously adjust in real time to control torsional vibrations.
- Work at all power levels and engine RPMs.
- 100% Made in the USA!
- Will reduce wear on the main bearings, timing gear and oil pump.
- Provides more accurate and stable valve train operation.
- Will reduce the risk of Oil Pump Failure.
- Lower the risk of crankshaft failure.
- Only a Fluidampr® Sport Compact replacement dampers automatically adapt to your latest engine modifications.
- Fluidampr vibration dampers feature precision machined and computer balanced components.
- Approved for Racing applications with its SFI 18.1 rating.
What Makes the Fluidampr® Performance Sport Compact Damper the best:
- Continuously self-tunes in real time to the exact bandwidth of harmonics being produced by the engine.
- Optimizes the damping of engine vibrations at both stock and peak levels
- Controls damaging vibrations across a broad changing frequency and rpm range.
- These dampers are SFI Approved
- 100% Made in the USA at an ISO 9001 Certified Facility.
- Used by almost every top engine builder to ensure peak engine performance under the harshest conditions.
Purchase an American Made High Performance Harmonic Damper from KLM Performance for your:
- 620601 Honda B Series, Acura Race Series - 40% Underdrive Alt Pulley Only 1.6, 1.7, 1.8, 2.0, 2.1L
- 590601 Honda B Series, Acura Street Series - PS, Air & Alt. Pulley 1.6, 1.7, 1.8, 2.0, 2.1L
- 570601 Honda K Series, Acura Street Series
- 530601 Honda S2000 F20C / F22C
- 571001 Mazda 6 3.0L V6, Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Race Series - 10% Underdrive pulley 2003-2008
- 630701 Mitsubishi 4G63/T DSM I-4, Eagle, Plymouth, Street Series 2.0L
- 610701 Mitsubishi EVO 8 & 9 (Street Series) 2.0L
- 570701 Mitsubishi Evo X, 4B11/T MIVEC
- 610901 Nissan RB26DET Phase-1 BNR32 GT-R
- 610911 Nissan RB26DET Phase 2 / BCNR33 GT-R / BNR-34 GT-R
- 640901 Nissan VQ35 350Z V6
- 571101 Subaru FA20, Toyota 4U-GSE 2.0L H4
- 531101 Subaru EJ, Saab
- 840801 Toyota 1JZ, 2JZ I-6, Lexus Street Series 3.0L
- 551201 Volkswagen 1.8L Turbo Motor
- 551231 Volkswagen / Audi 1.8L - 2.0L TSI (EA888.x)
- 551211 Volkswagen 2.L FSI (EA113), 2006-2008, Audi (6 bolt hole mounting)
- 551221 Volkswagen 2.8L - 3.6L VR 6
Please fell free to contact KLM Performance at 203-210-7200 for more information or contact us with your questions.
List Price: $385.94 Your Price: $385.94 You Save: $0.00 (0 %)add to cart
List Price: $388.94 Your Price: $388.94 You Save: $0.00 (0 %)add to cart
List Price: $416.85 Your Price: $416.85 You Save: $0.00 (0 %)add to cart
List Price: $290.85 Your Price: $290.85 You Save: $0.00 (0 %)add to cart