Fluidampr Sport Compact Viscous Crankshaft Dampers
Fluidampr Sport Compact crankshaft dampers are ideal for anyone looking for a replacement damper to the individual looking for a superior harmonic balancer for a modified sport compact engine with increased power and higher engine RPM levels. From stock power to a full-blown competition motor Fluidampr harmonic crankshaft balancers have you covered. A normal stock damper is considered a wear item that needs to be replaced. The OEM dampers were also designed to operate at the stock power level. It is often suggested by the OEM in your service manual and in as little as 30,000 miles. This change interval is a model-specific requirement. Sport compact performance upgrades drastically increase the harmful torsional vibrations produced with every single power stroke of an internal combustion engine. This increase in vibrations also causes the OEM rubber damper to overheat trying to control increased vibration, thus causing the rubber to crack and fail prematurely.
Why Do I Need A Performance Harmonic Balancer / Crankshaft Damper?
The installation of any performance parts that increase the engine's power output or torque, such as intake, camshafts, rods, pistons, flywheel, flexplate, fuel pump, injectors, exhaust system or any ECM changes typically will increase in torsional vibration magnitude and frequency. These performance upgrades also increase torsional vibrations above a level the OEM damper was not designed to handle. A stock harmonic balancer typically is only tuned for a 50hz peak variance at a particular power level. In addition to previously mentioned performance upgrades, if you alter any of the engines rotating assembly parameters and it may leave your critical engine components unprotected when torsional vibration is at its peak. Signs that the OEM stock vibration damper is now failing: Bonded rubber on the harmonic balancer is now cracked, bulging or missing rubber between the hub and outer ring. Age and repeating heat cycles have caused the rubber to degrade. The OEM rubber is also sensitive to solvents and cleaning compounds. Subjecting your damper to these chemicals accelerates the degradation of the damper compounds.
Fluidampr dampers utilize a unique viscous fluid which unlike rubber is very thermally stable and able to withstand the test of time and will NEVER wear out in a performance application.
Signs that the OEM stock vibration damper has failed:
- A collective failure will be the outer ring separating from the hub causing damage inside the engine bay.
- A noticeable increase in the level of in-cab vibrations.
- A wobble of damper apparent during engine operation.
- Dampers outer ring separating from the hub.
- The outer ring of the dampener has cracked.
Due to the countless combinations of performance upgrades possible, the simplest and most cost-effective solution for controlling dangerous torsional vibrations is to install a Fluidampr high performance sport compact viscous damper on your engine. By design, Fluidampr viscous vibration dampers protect your engine from torsional vibrations across a broad range of frequencies, engine RPM's and power levels. A viscous vibration damper also continuously self-tunes in real-time throughout the RPM range to adapt to your next engine modification. The earlier a Fluidampr performance damper installation takes place, the more you will benefit from its protection, performance and the ability to ensure long term engine life.
What exactly does a Harmonic Balancer Do?
The harmonic balancer job is to control the destructive crankshaft torsional vibrations. These vibrations are produced with each power stroke of the engine during the combustion process. The power cycle of the engine generates a twist and rebound effect upon the engine's crankshaft which causes torsional vibrations or harmonic waves which can be transmitted from the crankshaft to any metal engine or driveline component. The torsional vibrations are the end-to-end twisting or rebound motion exerted on the crankshaft during each power stroke. A torsional harmonic balancer controls these forces and allows for increased valve train and timing efficiency. The other benefits obtained by the installation of a viscous crankshaft damper are a reduction in the wear of critical engine components such as main bearings, oil pump, drive-train and ultimately the crankshaft itself. The failure to effectively control these dangerous torsional vibrations can cause catastrophic engine failure.
Fluidampr High Performance Sport Compact Crankshaft Damper Benefits:
- Designed to accommodate stock to extreme power levels.
- Will not wear out and will last the life of your engine.
- Fluidampr torsional vibration dampers never need to be tuned or rebuilt.
- Saves you the expense of costly rebuilds related to damper failure.
- Viscous dampers continuously adjust in real-time to control torsional vibrations.
- Work at all power levels and engine RPMs.
- 100% Made in the USA!
- Will reduce wear on the main bearings, timing gear, and oil pump.
- Provides more accurate and stable valve train operation.
- Will reduce the risk of Oil Pump Failure.
- Lower the risk of crankshaft failure.
- Only a Fluidampr® Sport Compact replacement dampers automatically adapt to your latest engine modifications.
- Fluidampr vibration dampers feature precision machined and computer balanced components.
- Approved for Racing applications with its SFI 18.1 rating.
What Makes the Fluidampr® Performance Sport Compact Damper the best:
- Continuously self-tunes in real-time to the exact bandwidth of harmonics being produced by the engine.
- Optimizes the damping of engine vibrations at both stock and peak levels
- Controls damaging vibrations across a broad changing frequency and rpm range.
- These dampers are SFI Approved
- 100% Made in the USA at an ISO 9001 Certified Facility.
- Used by almost every top engine builder and high-end luxury car manufacturer to ensure peak engine performance under the harshest conditions.
Purchase an American Made High Performance Harmonic Damper from KLM Performance for your:
- Fluidampr 620601 Honda B Series, Acura Race Series - 40% Underdrive Alt Pulley Only 1.6, 1.7, 1.8, 2.0, 2.1L
- Fluidampr 590601 Honda B Series, Acura Street Series - PS, Air & Alt. Pulley 1.6, 1.7, 1.8, 2.0, 2.1L
- Fluidampr 570601 Honda K Series, Acura Street Series
- Fluidampr 530601 Honda S2000 F20C / F22C
- Fluidampr 571001 Mazda 6 3.0L V6, Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Race Series - 10% Underdrive pulley 2003-2008
- Fluidampr 630701 Mitsubishi 4G63/T DSM I-4, Eagle, Plymouth, Street Series 2.0L
- Fluidampr 610701 Mitsubishi EVO 8 & 9 (Street Series) 2.0L
- Fluidampr 570701 Mitsubishi Evo X, 4B11/T MIVEC
- Fluidampr 610901 Nissan RB26DET Phase-1 BNR32 GT-R
- Fluidampr 610911 Nissan RB26DET Phase 2 / BCNR33 GT-R / BNR-34 GT-R
- Fluidampr 640901 Nissan VQ35 350Z V6
- Fluidampr 571101 Subaru FA20, Toyota 4U-GSE 2.0L H4
- Fluidampr 531101 Subaru EJ, Saab
- Fluidampr 840801 Toyota 1JZ, 2JZ I-6, Lexus Street Series 3.0L
- Fluidampr 551201 Volkswagen 1.8L Turbo Motor
- Fluidampr 551231 Volkswagen / Audi 1.8L - 2.0L TSI (EA888.x)
- Fluidampr 551211 Volkswagen 2.L FSI (EA113), 2006-2008, Audi (6 bolt hole mounting)
- Fluidampr 551221 Volkswagen 2.8L - 3.6L VR 6
Please feel free to contact KLM Performance at 203-210-7200 for more information or contact us with your questions.